As a program dedicated to holistic formation and direct service, Echo provides its apprentices with many tangible benefits throughout the two years of program participation. These benefits spring forth from the foundational belief that those who commit themselves to serving the Church deserve the very best in terms of support, resources, and compensation. As John Paul II stated clearly in Catechesi Tradendae (15):
[The Church] is bidden to offer catechesis her best resources in people and energy, without sparing effort, toil or material means, in order to organize it better and to train qualified personnel.
In response to this call, Echo offers apprentices the following benefits:
- a competitive stipend for your on-site parish service;
- a graduate degree in theology tuition-free;
- housing and utilities at no cost;
- an educational allowance the first summer, and other allowances periodically;
- rent-free housing in summers at Notre Dame; and
- full meal plan during summers at Notre Dame.