Echo 10 Application Deadline: January 10, 2013
(Deadline to receive application fee waiver: December 1, 2012)
Thank you for considering Echo for your post-grad service and study. Prior to beginning the Echo application, applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Echo 10 APPLICATION Prospectus and consult the Echo-Graduate School Application Instructions 2013. Please direct all questions to Aimee Shelide, Assistant Director for Recruitment and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574.631.0459.
The Echo Supplemental Application constitutes the majority of the application process for Echo. Directions for completing this portion and submitting it to the Graduate School are at the beginning of the document. Please consult the PDF version first and use the Word document to fill in your personal responses to upload to your application to the Notre Dame Graduate School.
Echo Application Checklist:
Please consult this list to assure that you submit a complete application by the January 10th deadline.
- Complete the online Notre Dame Graduate School Application, which includes submitting the Echo Supplemental Application above (25 questions), Unofficial Transcripts, GRE Scores (upon acceptance to Echo), Statement of Intent, Resume/C.V., Recommendation Letters, and the $75 Application Fee ($75 fee for the Graduate School was effective as of October 1, 2012). As you complete the online application, you should be able to leave the application and return to work on it later, provided that you log in with the same username and pin number. Please see the separate Echo-Graduate School Application Instructions 2013 document for detailed directions. The Graduate School provides helpful responses to FAQs on the Graduate School Admissions Website.
- Request three professor recommendations. Invite three (3) professors, who can speak to your suitability for graduate study in theology, to write a letter for you. These must be professors who have had you in class (in which you received a letter grade). Send them the 2013 Echo 10 Professor Rec Instructions document that will explain the recommendation letter process. Letters will be submitted electronically through the Graduate School “Apply Yourself” Application (no paper letter necessary).
- Request one personal recommendation. Invite someone to write a letter for you, who can speak directly to your capacities for leadership, ministry, spiritual enrichment, and communal living. (Ideal recommenders include previous employers, community service leaders/supervisors, dorm rectors/hall directors, and campus ministry leaders; recommenders should not include family members or peers.) Send them the 2013 Echo 10 Personal Rec Instructions document that will explain the recommendation letter process. Letters will be submitted electronically through the Graduate School “Apply Yourself” Application (no paper letter necessary).
Applicants from Notre Dame, St. Mary’s College, and Holy Cross College (Notre Dame, IN) only:
- If you do not select your dorm rector to write your personal recommendation, please request that your Rector submit the Rector Recommendation Letter. After sending your Rector the 2013 Echo 10 Rector Letter – ND, SMC, HCC document and entering his/her contact information into the 5th “recommender” field of your Graduate School Application, he/she will be prompted to write your letter and submit it electronically through the Graduate School “Apply Yourself” Application (no paper letter necessary).
- Make plans to take the GRE: GRE scores may be submitted along with the Graduate School/Echo Application, or may be submitted soon after the January 10th deadline, sent directly to the University of Notre Dame Graduate School by February 1st. (Please note: There is a 10-14 day delay between when you take the GRE and when Notre Dame receives your scores. If you take the GRE after January 15, please also email your scores to email@example.com.) The Graduate School answers frequently asked questions about the GRE on its website.
- If you are invited to interview for Echo, you will be asked to submit a personal photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. Until then, no photograph should be submitted for the January 10th deadline.
Effective October 1, 2012, the application fee for the Notre Dame Graduate School will be $75. Prior to this deadline, the fee for applications was $50.00. All Echo applicants who apply by December 1 are eligible for to have their application fee waived. Please email email@example.com by November 26 to receive the fee waiver code.